As some of you may know, I am on my own "weight loss" journey to feel a little "leaner" and more confident within myself.
Firstly, yes I'm on a "weight loss" journey myself, but please don't feel like for a second is about the "weight" on the scales, in fact it's not really about weight at all, that's honestly, just a number on the scales and to be honest, it's just the easiest way I know how to communicate the journey I'm on to YOU. For me, this journey is about how I FEEL more than anything.. Which is why every fortnight I have been checking in on my "non-scale goals".
It may not come as a surprise to you that I've actually being following BARE Lean throughout my weight loss journey. I have gone through the entire onboarding process, got my own individually tailored guide and have been eating from the guide over the last 3 months.
My back is still slightly injured, so I haven't been able to do the BARE Lean workouts much as of yet, however, I have been keeping active and following the recommended 5 days of exercise for 30 minutes a day, even if it's just walking on the treadmill.
WHAT ARE MY NON-SCALE GOALS
- To fit into a smaller size of clothing (my old clothes!!)
- To FEEL stronger in the gym (progression in my exercises)
- To FEEL good in a bikini (just to comfortably lounge around in)
- To FEEL lighter on my feet / leaner
- To FEEL more confident in my own skin & clothes
- To FEEL like I have more energy each day
I can't stress enough, it's not about WEIGHT or the number on the scales.. That's just another unit of measure. Whatever your goals are.. Add them to your "non-scale goals" so you can track them and measure your progress over your own journey.
WHAT ARE MY VICTORIES SO FAR
- My morning wake ups are getting easier (still a slight struggle, but definitely getting easier)
- Overall I'm down 6kg and currently weight 68.5kg
- I fit into this skirt I've been starting at in the cupboard for 2 years
- I fit into a smaller size of jeans
- I have been active & walking 5 x days a week for 30 minutes a day
- I FEEL confident in front of Mitch (yes, this is an important one)
It's amazing the more progress I make, the better I FEEL. Remember, little wins add up to big wins, and it's all about progress over perfection!