Oh my goodness, how GOOOOD is this zucchini cannelloni!?It's SO light, simple and bloody delicious!
5 large zucchinis, sliced thinly lengthways (use a mandolin if possible!)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g light ricotta
100g dodoni feta
250g frozen spinach, thawed
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
2.5 cups nap sauce
5 basil leaves + more to serve
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil - for cooking
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ricotta, spinach, feta, garlic, nutmeg, chilli, basil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay one piece of the zucchini flat on the bench and place 1 tbsp of mixture at one end. Roll towards the other end, wrapping tightly. Toothpick shut.
- Lay the zucchini flat in a deep baking tray (zucchini end side down so it doesn't unravel) and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour Napoletana sauce over the top and sprinkle the parmesan. Place into the oven for 30 minutes.