My goodness me, yiayia is throwing out these recipes to us lately! Check out these incredible little cheese triangles that you will absolutely LOVE!
Makes: 20-50 cheese triangles (depending on size)
350g Ricotta cheese, crumbled or grated
350g Feta cheese, crumbled or grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 packet filo pastry (375g)
1 250g stick butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta, feta, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs and combine well. Ensure there are no large chunks of feta.
- Lay all of the filo pastry sheets on top of each other and slice in half lengthways so you have two strips. Slice each strip again in half lengthways so you have four long strips.
- Place one long strip on a clean bench or chopping board, and using a basting brush, lightly butter. place another strip on top and base again.
- Using around a tablespoon of mixture, place at the bottom of the strip. You are now going to flag fold towards the other end. This requires you to fold one corner to the opposite edge, and then repeat with the bottom corner to the opposite edge.
- Place the ready made cheese triangles onto the baking tray. Baste with melted butter once more and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Tip: These can be frozen and cooked straight from the freezer! Once you've basted the triangles with butter, you can freezer from here and add them straight into the oven. This might require your cooking time to change by 5-10 minutes, but keep an eye out for that golden colour!