This makes at least enough to cover 6 bowls of pasta! Although I don't have 6 people eating, I always like to make more sauce then needed so I can freeze the rest for a quick and easy dinner on a busy night. If you're a parent of some fussy eaters, there is a super easy way to add in veggies - GRATE them! Grating veggies will become super soft and almost un-noticeable in a pasta sauce... try this instead of dicing :)
2 small celery stalks, diced
500g organic lean beef mince (uncooked)
1 zucchini, diced
5 small button mushrooms, chopped finely
1 small carrot, diced
1 medium brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 cups of baby spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil
500ml of Pasatta sauce
400ml beef stock
2 bay leaves
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1/2 tbsp of dried oregano
- On a large hot non stick pan, heat olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 1-2 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Add in lean beef mince. Using a spatula, seperate the mince into small pieces and cook until browned.
- Add mushroom, carrot, zucchini and celery and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables soften.
- Add Passata sauce, bay leaves, spinach, salt, pepper, dried oregano and beef stock to the mix and stir through. Taste here! If you need more salt, add it!
- Let sauce mixture simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Add to pasta and top with parmesan.