Yum!! I love vegan pasta bakes! They're so delicious, simple and easy to make! but how do we get that cheesy taste we love? Nutritional yeast!! Nutritional Yeast is a GREAT alternative amongst vegans for that "cheesy" taste!🧀🧀 I was super surprised at the taste and its defiantly something I will add again and again!
350g penne, uncooked
150g baby sweet potato, sliced into thin rounds
100g on cauliflower florets, sliced thinly.
150g broccoli florrets, sliced thinly
5 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
100g carrot, sliced into thin rounds
1 large zucchini, sliced into rounds
6-9 string beans, sliced in half
2 cups of Napoletana sauce
4-6 tbsp. Macro Organic Nutritional Yeast
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red onion, sliced thinly
1 cup vegan mozarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, but take two minutes from the cook time (it will cook more in the oven!)
- In the microwave or stove, lightly steam the sweet potato, broccoli, carrot, beans and cauliflower.
- In a small pan, heat a small splash of olive oil and cook onion and garlic until translucent. Set aside.
- In a large, deep baking tray add the cooked pasta, onion & garlic mixture, steamed veggies, mushrooms and the zucchini.
- Pour over the Napoletana sauce, nutritional yeast and a generous pinch of salt and pepper (to taste!).
- Sprinkle the vegan mozzarella over the top and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.