YAY for homemade fried rice! So delicious. I absolutely love rice and veggies, it's one of the easiest weeknight meals. Adding a little tofu in there for some extra protein is great too!
This fits Model 2 of #BARE, so count this as a mini taste tester recipe before the entire book comes out next week - WOO!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 cup brown rice, cooked
85g tofu, pressed and cubed
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 brown onion, finely diced
1/4 cup broccoli, finely chopped
1/4 small red capsicum, finely diced
1 small red carrot, finely diced
1 spring onion stalk, finely diced
Spray oil, for cooking
1/2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
1/2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp tahini
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients under "dressing" and mix well. Set aside.
- Spray oil in a medium non-stick pan and heat over a medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion has become translucent.
- Add tofu into the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until tofu had lightly browned.
- Add broccoli, carrot and capsicum and cook for a further 5-8 minutes or until vegetables have begun to soften.
- Add spring onion into the pan and brown rice. Heat through for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over dressing and stir through.
For some added extra flavour, you can add some fresh coriander, lime juice or some chilli!
Hope you LOVE this recipe. Keep your eyes peeled for the Veggie BARE Guide!