This Tandoori Style Lamb is 100% mouthwatering.
It's super delicious but also super easy to make.
The tandoori marinade is so simple but PACKED with flavour.
You can choose to use either a lamb leg or shoulder to bake in the oven - it's completely up to you.
In just over 2 hours, you'll be enjoying most tender slow cooked lamb (and even leftovers).
Perfect for a dinner party.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2kg lamb leg (or shoulder!), bone in
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup full fat yoghurt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Place the onion, yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, ground coriander, pepper, curry powder, chilli flakes, tomato paste, salt, and lemon in a food processor and process until a smooth paste.
- Pierce the lamb leg with a sharpe knife, at least 1-2cm deep all over (random spots, anywhere and everywhere!).
- Pour all the marinade over the lamb, ensuring it gets into those deep pockets.
- Place into a deep baking dish and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours, covered.
- Once two hours has passed, place the heat up to 200 degrees celsius. Uncover and use a spoon, spoon the mixture that is now in the bottom of the tray back over the lamb. Place back into the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove, leave to sit for 15 minutes and then carve.
Tip: If you have the time - marinate the lamb and leave overnight!