How great is sweet potato? and how amazing are pies?!
Imagine what this insane mix is going to taste like!
This is the most delicious vegan recipe, and is absolutely packed with vegetables.
It's incredibly easy to make and is the best idea for dinner, bulk cooking, leftovers or meal prep lunches.
Whether, you're vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater, you will absolutely love this tasty healthy recipe.
Plus, It's such a great winter warmer for all those people enduring winter right now!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Leek, halved and washed inside and out
- 3 large Celery stalks, cleaned and chopped
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 Garlic, crushed
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 3 Tsp. Curry Powder
- 2 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric
- Generous pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1kg Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
- 1L Vegetable Stock stock
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Peel and chop sweet potato into small chunks and place into a large pan with boiling water. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked through.
- Heat a deep saucepan over medium-high heat and splash with olive oil. Add onion, carrot, leek, celery, zucchini, garlic to the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add lentils, salt, pepper, vegetable stock, tumeric, cumin, curry powder to the mix and stir through thoroughly. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked through, place into a large bowl and mash. Add salt and pepper to the mash.
- Add vegetable mix to a deep baking tray and fill until vegetable mix is used up. The baking tray should be roughly 3/4s full.
- Add sweet potato to the baking tray, forming a thick layer above the vegetable mix. Try not to press the sweet potato too hard, you want this to stay on top!
- Cover the tray with al foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Using a grill, place on high heat and grill the pie for 5 minutes to until it begins to slightly crisp.
- Serve hot, with a delicious piece of bread for dipping!
Hope you loved this recipe!
If you do decide to make it, don't forget to share it with me!
Come visit me on Instagram or Facebook & show me your creations!