Oooft sweet potato fries, I tell you what... my FAV!! Also.. don't listen to any one that says fries can be eaten solo.. because NO bowl of fries is ever complete with out a dipping sauce.. and this avocado hummus is gonna set you up with the next combo of your dreams.
Baked in the oven with a seasoning combination that's going to make your mouth water, prepare yourself for this wicked snack or side to any dinner!
Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Hummus
2 small sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
1 tbsp. Chopped parsley
1?4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you dont like heat!)
1 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup canned chickpeas
1/4 cup canned chickpea juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 garlic, crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato, parsley, salt, pepper, rosemary, paprika, cayenne pepper and corn flour. Add olive oil and mix well. Ensure all of the sweet potato is coated.
- Pour wedges onto a large lined baking tray and spread out (don't let them go onto of each other!)
- Place into the oven for 45 minutes, turning them over half way.
- To make the Avocado hummus, add avocado, chickpeas, chickpea juice, salt, lemon and garlic into a food processor and blend until your desired consistency.
- Serve with the cooked sweet potato!