Cajun inspired chicken 😍 I used some delicious spices to coat the chicken and stuffed it with 3 coloured capsicums and onion 😍 It tastes ridiculously good.... I SERRRIOUSLY LOVE MEALS LIKE THIS!
Serves 3 (one breast fillet each)
3 chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
1/2 red capsicum, sliced into strips
1/2 yellow capsicum, sliced into strips
1/2 green cap, sliced into strips
1 brown onion, sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp tried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic, onion powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt and paprika and mix well.
- Cut a large pocket in the middle of the chicken breast (from one end to the other, making sure you do not cut all the way through.
- Add the chicken to the mixing bowl and marinade the chicken. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan, add a small splash of olive oil and heat over a medium to high heat.
- Add brown onion and capsicums into the pan and cook for 3 minutes to lightly soften.
- Using the capsicum mixture, stuff the chicken and then toothpick the chicken shut. Place chicken onto a lined baking tray.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through completely.
- Serve with rice!