This is such a deeeliiciciouusss treat! I made this and it was so bloody good - so if you have a sweet tooth like me, this is absolutely the recipe for you! Serving them warm is key!!
Sticky Date Puddings
Makes: Roughly 8
1 1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 and 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
200g Unsalted butter, room temperature
2 eggs. lights beaten
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup pitted dates
300ml Orange Juice
1 Tsp Bi-carb soda
1/2 Tsp Vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
- Using a small pot, over high heat, Bring dates and orange juice to a boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the bi-carb soda and cook for another 2 minutes (This will puff up, so you'll need to be using a deep pot, not a pan)
- Remove from heat and begin to squish the dates using a spoon in the pot, so they become smaller pieces(they should basically fall apart by this point).
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 80g of butter and 3/4 cup of brown sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add in eggs and beat until mixed through. Add the date mixture, vanilla essence and then begin to fold in the flour.
- Mix thoroughly, to ensure that there is no floury bits!
- Using a muffin tin lined with baking cups, spoon mixture in 3/4 of the way up (they will rise!)
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until super golden and cooked through. Use a skewer and poke in the middle of the pudding, if it comes out dirty, it needs more time!
- In another small pot, add 1 cup of brown sugar, 125g of butter and 1/3 cup of heavy cream and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 -3 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to thicken for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top the pudding with the cream and the caramel sauce!