If I had to try and think of the last time I had steak WITHOUT this chimichurri sauce, it'd be a hard question for me to answer let's just say that 🤣🤣 It's the absolute perfect combination and you definitely need it's deliciousness in your life!
Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 medium sized rump steak fillets
1 cup tightly packed parsley leaves
½ cup tightly packed coriander
1 spring onion stalk, sliced thinly
1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 garlic cloves
½ tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup lime juice
- Season the steaks with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, add parsley, coriander, chilli, garlic, paprika, spring onion, salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice. Blend until it’s well combined.
- On a hot grill plate, heat a small splash of olive oil over a high heat.
- Place steaks on the grill and cook to your liking. Take off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the beef into thin strips.
- Pour a large spoonful of the chimichurri sauce over the top of each steak and eat! Pair with a delicious salad or some rice.