YESSSS!! This cannelloni is such a delicious meal...and EASY AS! I've separated the cannelloni and the sauce.. so trust me, it's not gonna be as daunting as it looks! It's super simple, easy and the whole fam will absolutely adore you for it.
Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
250g frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
1 onion – diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 packed of lasagne sheets (375g)
2 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
2 garlic clove
1 brown onion – diced
Half a small red chilli – chopped finely
Generous pinch of Salt and pepper
Pinch of sugar
10 basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave and squeeze out any excess water. Place ricotta into a separate bowl and add spinach, egg, nutmeg, onion and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a saucepan sauté the onion, garlic and chilli with a splash of oil until the onion is translucent. Pour the tomatoes, and place the oregano, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Leave this to simmer for 10-15 minutes before taking off heat.
- Cut the lasagna sheets in half and place them into boiling water for 1 minute or until soft place the sheet on a cutting board and place ricotta mixture along the top edge and roll until you have filled the entire sheet of lasagna.
- Repeat and continue until mixture is used.
- In a large baking dish, place some sauce at the bottom and along the edges so the cannelloni doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Place the cannelloni into the dish and cover with the rest of the sauce.
- Lastly, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and cover with al foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 180 degrees.
Hope you love love love this! Please come share it with me if you do make it! #leahitsines or @leahitsines on instagram so I can see! Love Leah x