This recipe is an absolute favourite for me, its SO EASY and quick, makes a perfect dinner or an easy meal prep for a couple days ahead!
Serves 4 :)
500g Australian beef mince
1 zucchini, finely grated
4 button mushrooms, finely diced
1 small red capsicum, sliced into strips
100g string beans, tops and tails cut and halved
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbsp. grated ginger
10 fresh Thai basil leaves
1 brown onion, finely diced
1 long red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
½ teaspoon cracked pepper
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil over a hot wok
- Once hot, add onion, chilli, ginger, garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add mushroom and zucchini to the wok and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes. Continue Stirring to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the been mince and use a spatula break down into smaller pieces. Make sure you’re continually stirring and breaking to beef apart.
- Add fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, cracked pepper and salt to the mixture and continue to stir through.
- When the meat is almost cooked through (around 6-8 minutes later), add the beans, capsicum and Thai basil to the mixture and continue to stir for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce to the mixture.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
Hope you absolutely love this recipe! It's a new favourite for me! Love, Leah x