This Spicy Chicken Tray-Bake is the perfect family meal, super easy and delicious. You can thank me later!
1kg chicken thigh (skin on)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red onions, cut into quarters
1 red capsicum, chopped into large chunks
1 yellow capsicum, chopped into large chunks
1 green capsicum, chopped into large chunks
1 broccoli, cut into florets
Marinade for chicken:
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried coriander
Extra lime juice for topping.
Salt and pepper for sprinkling.
- In a large mixing bowl add chicken thigh and all ingredients under "marinade for chicken". Mix thoroughly and then place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour (more if you can!)..
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a small splash of olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium to high heat. Once hot, place chicken in skin side down and cook for roughly 4-5 minutes, or until skin begins to crisp. Remember, the chicken will cook in the oven, we just want a crispy skin!
- In a large baking dish, add onion, garlic, capsicum, broccoli and and dress with a small splash of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well, to ensure garlic infuses into all the veggies .
- Add chicken into the baking tray and for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Eat with rice or just by itself!