I love a good pasta, and this bolognese sauce is so easy! It's also great to make in bulk and freeze for a few easy and quick week night dinners.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- In a deep pot, splash olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli to the hot pot until onion becomes translucent, around 3-4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and mushroom and cook until all water evaporates from the bottom of the pot, around 6-8 minutes.
- Add mince and use your stirring utensil to break apart the mince into small pieces. Cook until mince is browned and all water have evaporated from the bottom of the pot.
- Add canned tomato and water then continue to stir.
- Add mustard powder, salt, oregano, pepper, cayenne pepper and stir.
- Add grated cheese to the pot and continue to stir.
- Cover with a lid and leave sauce to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Add basil leaves and serve with your favourite pasta!
Hope you loved this recipe! I'd love for you to come over on Instagram and let me know!
Love, Leah x