YAY! Who doesn't love baked eggs! They're seriously delicious and one of my favourite Sunday breakfast cook ups when I have a little more time! This recipe was by @katiegb as a pasty of my community recipes! Thank you Katie!
Cook time: 20 mins
Prep time: 5 mins
- 1 400g can of tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- olive oil
- 1 small onion (brown or red; I prefer red)
- 2-4 eggs (depending how hungry you are)
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tsp tomato paste
- chilli flakes and parsley to serve (optional)
- In a small oven safe pan, splash a small amount of olive oil and heat over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomato paste and stir through.
- Add canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and tomato paste and stir. Cover the pan with a lid and let sit on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Crack eggs directly into the pan and cover for a further 10-15 minutes. If you like your eggs well done, leave them for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with chilli flakes and fresh parsley.