This recipe is so simple! My mother has been making this for us for years and it's the most delicious, fluffy scone that I've ever tasted! They're amazing fresh out of the oven.
3 cups of self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
300ml fresh, thickened cream
3/4 cup of lemonade
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Sift the SR flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt, thickened cream and lemonade.
- Stir to combine.
- On a clean surface, sprinkle a small amount of flour and transfer the mixture onto the surface. Begin to kneed, adding the flour as necessary.
- Once it becomes fluffy, like a pizza dough consistency, use a rolling pin and roll until it is 1.5cm thick.
- Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out the scones and place them onto a lined baking tray.
- With the extra dough that is left over from cutting, re-kneed and roll out again, repeating this process until there is none left.
- Put the scones into the oven 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Then serve with jam and whipped cream!