I'm getting in a little early this year, we have these at Christmas! They're sooooo delicious and perfect as a shared appetiser! Really fresh and lemony, perfect for those super hot days.
Makes four pockets
500g smoked salmon
2 avocados, diced
2 red tomatoes, diced
2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 lemon, juiced
10 fresh chive leaves, finely sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olive oil, chives lemon, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Taste, if you need more salt.
- Using plastic cling wrap, line 4-5 small sauce bowls that are at least 7-8cm deep. Make sure the cling wrap is big enough that it has extra around the sides.
- Line the bowl with smoked salmon sheets; ensuring no area has been missed. Also, there needs to be enough around the edges to be able to “close” the dish.
- Once all dishes have been lined with salmon, place the salsa into each bowl, filling up to the top. Close the dish by using the excess salmon left around the edges. Seal the dish by wrapping the cling wrap into the middle of the dish. Place into the fridge for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, open up the glad wrap and place a flat plate on top (so the dish is upside down). Turn the plate around while holding onto the saucer bowl. Remove the bowl and glad wrap and serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of chives.
- Eat eat eat!