Have you tried Soba noodles before? They're a delicious buckwheat noodle and go amazingly in salads and in 'pho' type broths! They're a Japanese noodle that has a mild nutty flavour.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
115g salmon fillet, uncooked
⅔ cup soba noodles, uncooked
7 snow peas, sliced thinly
⅓ cup edamame beans, deshelled
½ small red capsicum, sliced thinly
2 spring onion stalks, sliced thinly
1 small carrot, julienne
3-4 mint leaves (optional)
small pinch of fresh coriander (optional)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cm piece ginger, grated finely
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp tamari
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Flavour the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions & set aside.
- On a hot pan, heat a small splash of olive oil and cook salmon to your liking (I like mine super cooked for a salad like this!)
- Add all ingredients under "dressing" into a bowl and mix well.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the cooked noodles, snow peas, carrots, edamame beans, capsicums, spring onion, carrot, mint and coriander. Pour over dressing and mix well.
- Flake the salmon into the salad and mix again.