When you want an easy lunch or dinner that tastes absolutely FRESHHHH.. this is the one to make! It ticks all the boxes in my books!
Salmon and Roast Vegetable Cous Cous
1 salmon fillet, skin on
1/3 cup of plain pearl couscous
1 Cup pumpkin, raw
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 red capsicum, grilled
1 fresh chilli – finely chopped
1/2 red tomato, chopped finely
Juice of 1 lemon
5 fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp. Of Chopped Coriander
Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Cook couscous according to packet instructions.
- Chop pumpkin and toss in bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in oven 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Place cooked couscous into a large bowl with lemon, salt and pepper and a dash of olive oil and mix through. Add onion, chilli, tomatoes and the fresh herbs and mix thoroughly.
- Grill the capsicums under the grill on a high setting, turning them constantly until blackening most of it. While still hot, place into a bowl and cover with glad wrap so they steam. Leave for 5 minutes and then peel the skin off and chop the finely and place into the bowl with the cous cous.
- Add pumpkin and mix.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- On a non-stick pan, heat olive oil on a medium to high heat.
- Add salmon to the pan skin side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side (or until you like it!)
- Serve with the salad mixture :)