There's nothing better then a side dish that has a speedy 2-minute-assembly and then straight into the oven it goes!
Roasted Tomato & Bocconcini Salad
Serves 6 as a side dish
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
600g cherry tomatoes
3-5 bocconcini large balls, drained and sliced
1/4 cup small basil leaves
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
A pinch salt
A pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes onto a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes until tomato skins start to split. Leave longer if they're not yet beginning to soften.
- Arrange the mozzarella onto a plater, then top with tomatoes and any juices from the tray. Scatter over the basil leaves.
- Sprinkle the balsamic and squeeze with a bit of lemon for extra flavour!