There is nothing better then a super easy dish that takes 2 minutes of assembling, and into the oven it goes!
Serves 6 as a side dish
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600g cherry tomatoes
- 3-5 bocconcini large balls, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes onto a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes until tomato skins start to split. Leave longer if they're not yet beginning to soften.
- Arrange the mozzarella onto a plater, then top with tomatoes and any juices from the tray. Scatter over the basil leaves.
- Sprinkle the balsamic and squeeze with a bit of lemon for extra flavour!