Bulgar Wheat! I had never tried Bulgur Wheat before and really wanted to! 😍 It’s so similar to rice and couscous and is perfect in salads like this Mediterranean Roast Vegetable salad!
1 cup of Macro Bulgar Wheat
200g pumpkin, cubed
1 zucchini, roughly diced
1 small eggplant, roughly diced
1 red capsicum, roughly diced
3 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
2 large handfuls of rocket, washed
Generous pinch of salt
1/2 lemon, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Soak the bulgar wheat in boiling water for 10 minutes (or according to packet instructions). Drain well.
- In. a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, olive oil and moroccan seasoning and mix well.
- On a lined baking tray, pour the vegetables on and place into the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rocket, cooked veggies, bulgar wheat and mix. Season with salt, olive oil and lemon to taste. Serve at your next BBQ or package up in meal prep containers!