GLUTEN FREE STUFFING - YAS! Eating Gluten free (when needed) doesn't have to be hard, and i never want you to feel like you’re missing out! This recipe is a DELICIOUS roast chicken with a gluten free stuffing mixture using the Woolworths Free From Gluten Breadcrumbs only available at @woolworths_au! These are in the health food aisle and a perfect replacement for regular bread crumbs :) YUM!! With the festivities coming up - this is something the WHOLE family can enjoy.
Ready in: 10 minutes
- 1 large whole chicken, raw
- 1 small handful parsley
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 spring onion stalks, chopped finely
- ½ lemon, zested
- 3-4 large sages leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp butter
- Olive oil, for cooking
- ½ cup Gluten Free chicken stock.
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 4 slices Gluten Free bread (stale!), chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup Free from breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 cup chicken stock (more if needed)
Vegetables! Carrots, sweet potato, beetroot, white potatoDirections:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Onto a chopping board, add parsley, rosemary, spring onion, lemon zest, sage and garlic. Chop as fine as you can! Add olive oil & salt and continue chopping until very fine. Halve this mixture and set aside.
- In a deep pan, heat a splash of olive oil over medium heat. Add diced brown onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add half of the herb mixture and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add GF crumb and the GF bread with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken stock and lemon squeeze and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- At the tip of the chicken breast, lift up the skin and seperate from the breast (without tearing!), Pull gently to seperate.
- Place one small stick of butter down each breast. With the remaining herb mixture, divide it between both breast pockets and the all over the chicken. Add chicken into a deep baking dish and pour over ½ cup of chicken stock.
- Add potatoes, carrots or any other vegetable you like into a deep baking dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil
- Cook for 1 hour per 1kg of chicken.
Tip: Every 30 minutes, remove from oven and using a spoon, spoon the pan juices over the top for 1 minute. This keeps it super juicy!Please add disclaimer at bottom of recipe: Always check the label to ensure the ingredients in this recipe are right for your needs, particularly if you have food allergies.