This easy and healthy pumpkin soup is so nourishing and so delicious. There's no cream in this one, instead I've made this pumpkin soup with coconut cream but you could also use coconut milk. The coconut makes this a great easy dinner recipe for vegans but I know everyone will love it.
- 2 large white potatoes, diced
- 500g pumpkin, chopped roughly
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil to the pan. Add onion, garlic, turmeric and curry powder and cook for 10 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Add leek, carrot, potato, pumpkin into to the pan and top with the stock. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until potato, pumpkin and carrot are all soft.
- Cool for a few minutes and then begin to puree mixture. This can be done in a regular blender or with a stick blender.
- Once blended, add back into the pot and add salt, pepper and coriander to taste.
- Add baby spinach, coconut cream leave for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot! Or freeze in batches for a rainy day.