I absolutely love this recipe! It's super easy, super healthy and super delicious.
Plus it's so so so easy to make - it's the perfect simple dinner idea and also makes amazing leftovers for work lunches the next day.
This recipe can also easily be made vegan and is super kid friendly so the whole family can enjoy together. YAY!
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Tip: If you wanted an added extra bit of protein, add chicken or some tofu.
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 carrot, diced
1 small brown onion, diced
1 small broccoli head, cut into florets and diced
1 small red capsicum, diced
1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 spring onion stalks, thinly sliced
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 red chilli, sliced thinly
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce (Or more soy to make it vegan or vegetarian)
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh coriander to serve
- Begin to cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- In a deep pan, heat a small amount of olive oil and fry off garlic, chilli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add broccoli, carrot, capsicum and spring onion into the pan and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add cabbage into the pan and cook for 2 minutes until the cabbage begins to soften.
- Add cooked quinoa to the pan and stir through.
- Add the soy, oyster and fresh coriander to the pan and heat through. cook for a further 1 minute and then serve!