I love puttanesca, it's seriously the best pasta! When we were younger, I HATED anchovies (still do!) but mum used to mash them up, with the capers and we wouldn't even notice hahaha I swear she would've done that with 99% of the food she gave us!
This recipe is so easy, so quick and so delicious. You have to try it!
250g Spaghetti Pasta
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 small brown onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 x 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp. capers
5-6 anchovies, finely sliced
1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
2 tbsp parsley, finely sliced
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1/4 tsp chilli flakes (if you like heat)
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Boil pasta in salted water until cooked to your liking (or according to packet instructions).
- In a deep pot, add olive oil and heat over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli into the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomato paste, capers, anchovies and olives into the pot and cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
- Add crushed tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce had slightly reduced.
- Add pasta into the sauce pot and mix through.
- Serve in bowls and top with more fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.