Super easy, healthy Pumpkin & Bacon soup that'll keep you warm this winter.
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 500g potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 100g bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fresh coriander to top
- Coconut cream for extra flavour
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add bacon, garlic and onion to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add pumpkin and potato to the pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable stock to the pot and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft and cooked through, either use a stick mixer or a blender to puree the vegetables.
- Top with coriander and a spoonful of coconut cream for extra flavour.