I love this easy Pulled Pork Slider recipe!
The combination of the tender pork and fresh coleslaw make it light, healthy and the perfect dinner idea for summer.
This is a FREE recipe from my Cookbook, The Nourishing Cook, and is both kid and adult friendly, making it a great family or pool side recipe.
Makes: 8 - 10
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
1 x 2kg Pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
2 brown onions, sliced
1 cup apple juice
12 slider buns
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp salt flakes
2 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp black peppercorns
2 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp corriander seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup tomato passata
1 tbsp ground apple cider vinegar
1/4 red cabbage, sliced thinly
2 green apples, finely sliced
1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 Spring onions, finely sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced
- You'll need a slow cooker for this recipe.
- To make a dry rub, using a blender or mortar and pestle, grind the garlic and all the spices to a fine paste.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium fry pan over medium to high heat. Add pork and brown for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a chopping board and with a sharp pointed knife, poke small pockets randomly into the pork flesh, then rub the dry mix all over the pork, getting inside those pockets.
- Place the onion and sprinkle of salt in your slow cooker. Add the pork and the apple juice and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Remove the pork and shred into small pieces with two forks.
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the shredded pork into the sauce and mix well.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss gently.
- Slice the buns in half, fill with the pork mixture and salad. Serve!
Note - these taste amazing with a little mayo!