This is SUCH a delicious protein brownie and can be enjoyed at ANY time of the day!
It's the perfect 3pm or post workout snack. Plus, it can easily be made vegan for all my vegan friends! YAY!
I love enjoying these with a bit of yoghurt and fresh berries. YUM!
Makes: Approx 12 brownies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
1.5 Cups of Spelt Flour (or any other choice of flour)
1 Cup of Whey Chocolate Protein Powder (Pea Protein powder for vegans)
1/2 Cup of Cacao
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2/3 Cup Coconut oil (Melted)
1 Cup of Maple Syrup or Rice malt syrup
2/3 of a cup Coconut Milk
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup nuts (walnuts/peanuts etc)
You can use another flavour of protein powder if you like! Simply add another 1/4 cup of cacao.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add flour, protein powder, cocao and salt into a bowl and mix well. Make a well in the flour and then pour all the wet ingredients in.
- Mix well until all combined. If it is looking dry, add a little more coconut milk.
- Pour into a deep lined baking tray and spread evenly from edge to edge.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes. Using a fork or a skewer, place into the middle of the brownie and if it comes out clean, its ready!
- Slice and EAT!