1 Cup of cooked, peeled baby prawns
2 Eggs, scrambled
1 Spring onion stalk, finely sliced
1/2 long red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
4 Broccoli Florets, cut into small pieces
1/2 medium carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
1/2 cup of Frozen peas
1/2 cup of bean sprouts
1 1/2 Cups of uncooked Basmati Rice, washed thoroughly
2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
1 Tablespoon of grated ginger
1 Garlic clove, crushed
3 Tablespoons of sodium reduced soy sauce
Sprinkle of pepper
- Pour frozen peas into a bowl of warm water to help them thaw.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat and begin to heat the sesame oil.
- Once oil is hot, Add chilli, ginger, garlic, broccoli, carrot, spring onion to the wok and let fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, bean sprouts and continue to fry until the beansprouts are beginning to wilt.
- Add egg and prawns to the mixture, cook for 3 minutes to ensure all ingredients are hot.
- Add cooked rice to the mixture and stir thoroughly so all ingredients combine.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Pour over the soy sauce and mix!
- Serve hot, or pack away for the next day!