Pork belly is something delicious, but it doesn't get made often in my house! My mother loves this seasoning, and I'm super sure you would too!
1kg Pork Belly
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp five spice powder
1/2 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Ensure the Pork belly is completely dry.
- Add garlic, ginger, five spice powder and olive oil into a bowl and mix.
- Score the pork skin into a diamond shape.
- Rub the spice mix all over the pork, getting into the scores.
- Sprinkle salt over each side.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour, uncovered, skin side up.
- After the hour is done, turn the grill on a high heat and place underneath.
- Keep an eye on the pork to ensure the crackling doesn't burn. Grill until the skin starts to blister and is puffed all over.
- Cut into serving sizes and eat!