Tell me about the last time you had pork belly and had the satisfaction of crunching down on that crispy outer.. and tell me that wasn't absolutely satisfying 🤣🤣 WELL.. this one is going to deliver that same satisfaction PLUS SOME!! This seasoning mix is definitely something to write down and save for later! Especially when you know you have the family coming around for something special!
1kg Pork Belly
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp five spice powder
1/2 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Ensure the Pork belly is completely dry.
- Add garlic, ginger, five spice powder and olive oil into a bowl and mix.
- Score the pork skin into a diamond shape.
- Rub the spice mix all over the pork, getting into the scores.
- Sprinkle salt over each side.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour, uncovered, skin side up.
- After the hour is done, turn the grill on a high heat and place underneath.
- Keep an eye on the pork to ensure the crackling doesn't burn. Grill until the skin starts to blister and is puffed all over.
- Slice and serve!