This recipe is super easy to make. Pesto is super versatile and can last in the fridge for weeks at a time! This pesto recipe makes around a cup od pesto (so you have left overs!) and this can be put in the fridge to use as salad dressings, toast toppers or even to have as part of a dip platter!
3 cups of Kale, Chopped
1 cup fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
2/3 cup of slivered almonds
1 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup of olive oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
250g Spiral pasta
1 broccoli, cut into florets
1 small brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 long red chilli, deseeded and slices
Pinch of salt and pepper
Parmesan to sprinkle
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Boil water and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Add all ingredients under "pesto" except the olive oil into a blender and begin to blend. Whilst blending, slowly pour in the olive oil and blend until your desired consistency.
- In a large non-stick pan, add olive oil and heat over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets into the pan and cook for a further 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and spoon 2 tbsp. of the pesto over the pasta. If you need more, add more!
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of parmesan over the top.