Potato bake with cream is ok...but this potato bake recipe with yoghurt is amazing. It's still super creamy but a lot lighter on the tummy. I love this dinner idea because it's such a quick, easy and healthy recipe that everyone will love, including your kids!
Yoghurt potato bake
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 200g bacon, sliced thinly
- 1kg potatoes, sliced in thin rounds
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup YOPRO yoghurt, plain
- 1.5 cups of cheese, (mix of mozzarella and cheddar!)
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Paprika to sprinkle
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat. Add bacon, onion and garlic into the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, until bacon is cooked and onion is translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, 1 cup of cheese, yoghurt and bacon mixture. Mix to combine.
- Place this mixture into a deep baking tray and sprinkle the remanding cheese and chives over the top. Cover with alfoil and place into the oven for 30 minutes. Remove afloil after the first 30 and place back into the oven for 10 to lightly brown.