What do you need when it’s cold and you just walk through the door after work? A blanket.... and a slow-cooked meal waiting and ready for you 🤤 It’s a HUGE YES from me!! It’s starting to cool down here and slow cooks are back on the menu. This spicy slow-cooked chicken using the @woolworthsau Macro Organic Chicken Thigh and Macro Organic Black Beans is OFF THE CHAIN delicious!! 😍😍 I served it with some rice, fresh herbs and you are done ✅ It’s SUCH A delicious recipe to throw on in the morning and walk through the door and eat. We all need a little bit of this right now!
6 Macro Organic chicken thighs, trimmed
1 brown onion, sliced
3-4 garlic cloves, diced
1 large chilli in adobo sauce
1tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup tomato passata
1/2 lime, juiced
1 cup Chicken Stock
¼ cup tomato passata
1 tbsp cornstarch in 1 tbsp water
1 can Macro Organic black beans
2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- Add onions, chilli, brown sugar and garlic into the slow cooker and begin to lightly cook. If your slow cooker can go onto the hot plate or has an inbuilt fry system, turn this on!
- Add all ingredients under "spices" into a bowl and mix well. Coat chicken and allow to marinate for 1 hour (or overnight if you have time!).
- In a large non-stick pan, add a splash of olive oil and heat over high heat. Add the marinated chicken and lightly brown all over.
- Add chicken into the slow cooker and pour over the chicken stock, passata and season with salt and pepper. Place on high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Add diluted corn starch into the slow cooker with the broth and heat to thicken.
- Add black beans and coriander into the pot and allow to heat through.
- Add shredded chicken back into the pot to soak up all that juice.
- Serve with rice.