If you're wanting a quick, light but super delicious meal - this is for you! These no bun burgers (but were using lettuce cups instead!) are the real deal!
Makes 6 large burger patties (serves 4-6)
500g beef mince
1 large zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 brown onion, sliced thinly
6 large lettuce leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
2-4 slices of cheese (optional)
1 avocado, sliced
Tomato sauce, mustard or mayo (whichever you prefer!)
- Heat a small splash of olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add 1 brown onion (under "extras") to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through and beginning to brown. Set aside once cooked.
- Place all ingredients under "patties" into a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Using a small handful of the mixture, roll into a ball and then flatten into a patty.
- On a non stick pan, heat a small splash of olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Cook each patty on each side for 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- In a lettuce cup, add the patty, cheese, tomato, avocado and cooked onion. Top with the sauce of your choice.