Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour ~
2 x 400g canned chickpeas
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, grated and excess water removed
1 carrot, grated
1 large brown onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup of Vegetable stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp Maille Dijon mustard
2 tsp Maille wholegrain mustard
1 kg white potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbsp. dairy-free butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil a deep pot with water (enough to cover potatoes).
- Place potatoes in water and boil for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In another deep pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, carrot, mushrooms and chilli. Stir for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Add canned chickpeas and lightly heat through.
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, vegetable stock, Maille Dijon mustard, Maille wholegrain mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, drain cooked potatoes and place them into a large bowl. Start mashing!
- In your potato bowl, add dairy-free butter, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to ensure it's smooth.
- In a deep, oven safe dish, pour the chickpea mixture in and spread evenly. Add the mash on top and spread edge to edge.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top and place into the oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown on top.