Oh my goodness - this is the BEST on steak, grilled chicken or even a roast!
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
10 mushrooms, sliced
200ml thickened cream
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
- In a small pot, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and parsley to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened and water has evaporated from the pan.
- Add thickened cream, chicken stock, salt, pepper and parmesan and stir to combine.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
- Take off heat and serve with a delicious piece of steak, chicken or tofu!