I love this Mexican beef! This is super delicious, simple and packs a punch with flavour! This recipe was done by Chloe Harris as a part of my #communityrecipes! Thank you Chloe! @chloejayneharris :)
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
500g beef mince
1 400g canned tomatoes
1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
2 carrots, sliced thinly
1 large potato, diced into chunks
1 cup of beef stock
1 large brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp Mexican chilli powder (or 1/2 tsp paprika + 1/2 tsp chilli flakes)
1 tsp worchestire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a deep saucepan, heat olive oil over a high heat.
- Add mince to the saucepan, and begin to dice using your cooking utensil. Dice into small pieces for 5-6 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic into the pot and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato and capsicums to the pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in stock & canned tomatoes. Stir.
- Add in the parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, worchestire sauce, chilli sauce and chilli powder to the pot and stir.
- Cover with a lid for 40 minutes on a low heat.
- Take lid off and leave to thicken for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice!