LOUKOUMADES! Oh my yiayia is going to be SUPER excited about this one - this has come straight from her you guys!! I've partnered with @woolworthsau for this recipe and got my SAME DAY DELIVERY groceries and I was so pumped haha! If you order before 1pm and have a minimum spend of $50, you can get your groceries the same day (how good is that for forgetful people like me haha). Yiayia would be so proud of all of us! These little honey donuts are ALWAYS at our christmas parties, and I want them to be at yours too!
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water (don’t use boiling, just lukewarm from the tap)
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and add salt and combine.
- Add dissolved yeast and the remaining warm water.
- Mix throughly, the batter will appear watery (almost like a pancake mixture) and super sticky but thats what you want!
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Heat rice bran oil in a small pot (at least 5cm of oil) and wait until its super hot!
- Using a soup spoon, scoop around 1 tablespoon of the batter (small balls bcuase they puff up once in the oil!) and carefully place it into the oil.
- Repeat until you have 4/5 puffs in at one time.
- Using a slotted spoon, turn the puffs constantly until they reach a beautiful golden colour.
- Take them out using the slotted spoon and place onto a dry cloth to catch all the excess oil.
- Warm the honey in the microwave or on a hot pan and pour over the puffs.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top and dig in!
Hope you absolutely love this recipe! If you do make it, Please come and show me over on Instagram or Facebook!
Love Leah x