Oh how I love potatoes....They are a vegetable that will forever never let you down! These I made on Instagram stories over the weekend and you guys absolutely loved them! So, of course I needed to chuck them on the website and give them a permanent spot!
They are SO easy to make, and par-boiling them makes for a really soft potato on the inside, but then adding them to the oven makes the outside crunch and it's just perfection.
If you don't want to use your oven, you could throw them in the air-fryer for that extra crisp (ok fine you don't HAVE to use an air-fryer but...I just am in love with mine... haha!). 20 minutes on 180 degrees would do the trick perfectly after they are par boiled.
Anyways, how did I start talking about air fryers??! Let's get into the recipe!
Cook time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
1kg white potatoes, left whole
3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
3 garlic cloves, grated
1 lemon, juiced
1-2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Fill a large pot of water and salt well. Place the potatoes into the cold water and bring to a boil. These potatoes don't need to be peeled, but give them a good wash before they go into the water. Boil until you can easily poke a sharp knife through, around 20 minutes (depending on the size).
- Remove potatoes from the water and onto a chopping board. Slice in half lengthways, and then half again. Now slice into small bite sized pieces.
- Once this is done, place them into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the rosemary, garlic, paprika, lemon, a generous pinch of salt and pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil (think of me when you're doing this! "a Leah pinch and a Leah drizzle")
- Shake the bowl and mix well, without mashing the potatoes. This will ensure everything is coated well, and you can season accordingly.
- Place onto the baking tray and place into the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown. When they come our of the oven and are piping hot, squeeze a little more lemon over the top!
- Serve as a delicious side to dinner.
I hope you absolutely love this one and make it for your family and they love it as much as I do :)