Who doesn't love a good pie? especially when it is loaded with mash potato!!
550g lamb mince
5 button mushrooms, sliced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 tsp. thyme leaves
1 large brown onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup of beef stock
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 kg white potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup milk, warmed
1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil a deep pot with water (enough to cover potatoes).
- Place potatoes in water and boil for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In another deep pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add mince through the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. Using your cooking utensil, break the mince up into small pieces whilst cooking.
- Once lightly browned, add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add celery, carrot, frozen peas, mushrooms and chilli. Stir for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, drain cooked potatoes and place them into a large bowl. Start mashing!
- In your potato bowl, add butter, warm milk, salt and pepper. Mix throughly to ensure its smooth. The fluffier your mash is, the easier it will be to spread over the pie!
- In a deep, oven safe dish, pour the mince mixture in and spread evenly. Add the mash on top and spread edge to edge.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top and place into the oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown on top.