Meal Prep is one of my favourite things to do, because I love being creative and trying new things! This meal prep, I made with salmon! This will do 3 meals - but of course, alter to fit your own nutritional needs! This is something that I would prep for a super easy & quick dinner! In each meal I put 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, 1 cup of veggies, 1 salmon fillet and a squeeze of lemon in each.
3 Salmon fillets, skin off
Honey Salmon Dressing:
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded
2 tablspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 spring onion stalk, finely sliced
2 tablespoons organic honey
1 lime, juiced
1 cup of pumpkin, raw, chopped into bite size pieces
1 cup of broccoli florets
1 zucchini, sliced thinly
6 cherry tomatoes, whole
1 red onion, cut into quarters
1 fennel, cut into quarters
1 capsicum, sliced into thin long strips
6 button mushrooms, halved
1 large garlic clove, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of dried oregano
1/2 cup of quinoa, uncooked
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions (typically if you're using 1 cup of quinoa, cook in 1 1/2 cups of water).
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Add all vegetables to a lined baking tray and coat with salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce, sesame oil, spring onion, honey and lime juice to a separate bowl and mix through and set aside.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and add salmon to the baking tray and using a sharp knife, score the salmon fillet.
- Using the honey dressing, pour over the salmon fillets and place tray back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Take tray out of the oven and divide ingredients evenly into 3 meal prep containers.