If you want to know how to make easy honey mustard chicken then look no further!
I absolutely LOVE serving chicken breast with honey mustard sauce, broccoli and rice.
It's so quick and healthy and the perfect dinner for two or the whole family!
Your kids are going to love it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
4 tbsp djion mustard
3 tbsp honey
Pinch of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked & washed
1 & 1/4 cup of chicken stock
1 small brown onion
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp. sesame seeds (optional)
1 tbsp fresh coriander (optional)
1 small head of broccoli
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add honey, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, chilli flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. reserve 1 tbsp of the mixture and set aside. Pour the remaining mixture over the chicken and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a small pot (with a lid) heat butter over a medium heat. Once melted, add the brown onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add washed rice to the pot and stir. Add chicken stock into the pot and stir around. place lid on top and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and put a 12 minute timer on. Leave to cook.
- In a small pan, heat a small amount of olive oil and add broccoli florets. Cook for 3-6 minutes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove broccoli from the pan and begin to cook the chicken breasts. Cook for 3-5 minutes on the pan (each side) or until cooked to your liking. Slice the chicken into strips.
- Serve with rice, broccoli and a drizzle of the mustard mixture that you set aside earlier.