Hey you guys, another delicious recipe to hit all your meal prep neeeeeds! Honey chicken, broccoli, beans and rice... SO EASY! I used frozen broccoli and beans in this stirfry because I find when they're not in season. they're either super expensive or not the best quality, so I love using frozen instead! I used OOB organic broccoli florets and beans that are perfect for a recipe like this.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 brown onion, diced finely
1 cup OOB organic frozen broccoli, thawed
1 cup OOB organic frozen beans, thawed
1 medium chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 cup brown rice, cooked
Fresh coriander, for garnish
Olive oil, for cooking
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons honey or maple
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1-2 teaspoons chilli garlic paste (more if you like spice!)
Lemon juice, to taste
1 long red chilli, diced finely
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside
- Add sliced chicken into a bowl and pour over half the dressing. Mix well, leave to marinate for 1 hour or overnight if you have the time.
- In a small wok, heat a small splash of olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and add broccoli and beans. These should only take a few minutes to cook if they're already thawed, but cook to your liking.
- Add rice and chicken into the pan and heat through. Pour over the remaining dressing and stir, coating it well all over.
- Serve hot, garnishing with coriander.
Thank you OOB organic for supplying these delicious frozen veggies! I think I'm set for life with my freezer right now haha!
Hope you love this recipe.
Love, Leah x