This recipe was inspired by my favourite little store in the markets in Adelaide! It's a little hole in the wall space in the middle of the fruit markets and they sell the most AMAZING noodles - I just HAD to try to recreate!
450g Hokien Noodles
1 large carrot, peeled thinly
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp. grated ginger
1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
2 tbsp. kecap manis
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/2 a lime, juiced
1 small handful of fresh corriander
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook hokkien noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a hot wok, heat a small amount of olive oil over a medium heat.
- Crack the egg into the wok and scramble. Once cooked through, remove eggs and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into the wok and heat again.
- Add mushrooms, spring onion, garlic, carrots and beansprouts into the wok and cook for 4-5 minutes (or until lightly soft, we still want a little crunch!)
- Add ginger, kecap manis, soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime juice and coriander into a small mixing bowl and mix.
- Add cooked noodles and the scrambled eggs to the wok and stir through. Pour over soy dressing and cook for 1-2 minute in the wok.
- Sprinkle more spring onion on top and serve!