Ready in: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Olive oil, for cooking
3 short cut bacon rashers, diced
1 brown onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 cups butternut pumpkin, chopped
1 large leek, washed and sliced
2 small carrots, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
1L of vegetable stock (more if needed)
4 slices Macro Organic Ancient Grain Bread
1 tsp garlic granules (fresh if you don’t have!)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In a deep pot, add a splash of olive oil and heat over a medium - high heat.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add pumpkin, leek, carrots, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and stir. If you wanted a little extra flavour, add some curry powder (see tip!) Stir for 2 minutes until everything is coated and heated through.
- Add vegetable stock and leave to cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread up into small cubes and coat with a splash of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic granules. Place into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Blend soup with a stick blender (or regular blender) until your desired consistency.
- Add soup to a bowl and sprinkle croutons on top.
- For extra flavour, you can add a tablespoon of curry powder!
- Make this in bulk and freeze into single serves. This will last in the freezer for 3 months!