Oh my goodness! These are next level good! They do need to be eaten right away as haloumi tends to go rubbery if left for too long :)
400g Haloumi, sliced into strips
2 cups of Panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. cracked Pepper
1 tbsp. Dried oregano
2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 eggs, whisked
2 tbsp. Olive oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Slice haloumi into 1cm thick strips
- In a mixing bowl, add breadcrumb, pepper, oregano, paprika and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Whisk eggs in a small seperate bowl.
- Place each piece of haloumi into the egg mixture, and then straight into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure each piece is coated well.
- Place the crumbed haloumi onto a lined baking tray and drizzle oil all over.
- Place tray into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until super golden brown.
- Eat right away! I used a Napoletana sauce as my "dipping sauce" - It was delicious! Sweet chilli or mayo would also be amazing.
Love, Leah xx