The BEST Green chicken curry you'll ever have! My mother used to make this for us once a week and we would LOVE getting home to it!
2 chicken breast fillets, chopped into cubes
2 tsp. Coriander powder
1 tsp. Ground black peppercorns
3-5 fresh green chilies – seeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp. laos powder
3 tbsp. Of coriander leaves – chopped 2 large garlic cloves
2 tbsp. Chopped spring onion (green and white part)
1 lemon grass root – chopped 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
400ml coconut cream
4 kafier lime leaves
1 small bunch of fresh basil leaves
2-3 tbsp. Fish sauce
1 lime, juiced
2-3 cups of chopped veggies of your liking! (mushroom, baby corn, snow peas, broccoli work amazing!)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Add fresh chillies, laos powder, coriander, garlic, ground peppercorns, coriander powder, spring onions and lemon grass into a food processor and grind to a paste
- On a small pan with olive oil, brown the chicken pieces in batches. Set aside.
- Fry this paste in a medium saucepan with the vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and lime leaves and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the mix and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the mixture and leave for a few minutes or until they soften to your liking.
- Add fish sauce, lime and fresh basil leaves
- Remove the kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve over rice!