This is a super super delicious and simple apple crumble that tastes delicious.
6 medium sized apples (I love to use pink lady or golden delicious)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1.5 cups organic rolled oats (150 g )
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup peptia seeds
1/4 cup honey, warmed
400ml apple juice
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Cut apples into wedges with the skin left on – make sure to remove the centre of the apple.
- In a deep pot, add apples and heat over a medium heat. Add apple juice, vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes – stirring occasionally until the apples have completely softened. Add more water or apple juice if you need!
- In a seperate, but large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon, honey, walnuts and peptia seeds. Mix well.
- In a baking dish, place your softened apples over the bottom and scatter the crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crumble is lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with yoghurt or ice-cream!